1)Green gram(cheru payar)-1cup
Cashew nuts (chopped)-1/3cup
Yellow food color/turmeric powder-1/2tsp
1) Pressure cook green gram with ½ cup water.
2) When cooked, remove the lid and let all the excess water evaporate. Mash well with hand.
3) Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins.
4) Add jaggery with 2tbsp water. When it melts add coconut, cooked green gram, cashew nuts, raisins and cardamom powder.
5) When the mix is dry, make small balls with the mix.
6) Make a thick batter with ingredients 2.
7) Dip each ball in the battter and deep fry till golden color.