1.Chena (yam/suran)-1cup cubed
Chembu (taro)-1cup cubed
Kachil (Asiatic yam)-1/2cup cubed
Horse gram (muthira)-1/3cup
Red Gram (vanpayar)-1/4cup
Curry leaves-2 springs
- Pressure cook horse gram and red gram with enough water and salt.(4-5 whistle)
- Add cubed roots and turmeric powder to the beans mixture. Add water if needed.Cook it again in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
- Grind together coconut,cumin seeds,green chilly ,pearl onion and garlic.Pour the mixture into the cooked roots.Adjust salt and cook till the required consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat and add coconut oil and curry leaves.
- Serve with 'Gothambu Kanji' ,pickles and pappadam.