Raw rice/Basmati rice-2 cups
Cooked rice-3/4 cup
Thick coconut Milk-3/4 cup/Coconut milk powder-3tbsp
Luke warm water-1/4cup
- Soak rice in water for 2-3 hours.
- Soak yeast in luke warm water for 10-15 minutes.
- Grind all the ingredients together to a fine paste.Add water if needed.
- Allow the batter to ferment for 6-8 hours.
- Heat a non sick appachatti.Pour a laddleful of batter and swirl the pan around,spreading the batter to the sides of the pan.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes. Slowly remove the appam from the pan.
- Serve with stew,kadala curry,chicken curry,etc