Stage-1:Soaking the fruits
- Soak dry fruits and nuts in wine-caramel cyrup mixture.Keep in an airtight container at least one week.
Stage-2:Preparation of caramel syrup
Sugar-1/3cupStage-3:Preparation of batter
- In a small pan heat 1/3 cup of sugar .Keep stirring until the color changes to dark brown.Turnoff heat and add 1/3cup water.Mix well and keep it aside
1.All purpose flour-1&1/4cup
Blend flour with baking powder and spices.Strain through a sieve.
- preheat oven to 150 degree C.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter,vanilla extract and sugar until light and fluffy.Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add flour to the mixture alternately with caramel syrup .Stir until just blended.Gently fold in the soaked fruits with a spoon.
- Fill mold 3/4 full.Bake until dark brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes.