Urad dal/Uzhunnu parippu-3/4cup
Roasted cumin seed powder-1/2tsp
Roasted cumin seed powder
- Wash and soak urad dal in water for an hour.Drain all the water from the soaked urad dal.Grind it along with ginger,green chilly and salt to a thick paste.(add little water if required)
- Heat oil in a pan .Make small lemon sized balls from the batter and deep fry until golden brown.
- Soak fried vadas in warm water for 30 seconds.Take out and squeeze so as to remove the excess water from it.
- Beat yoghurt with chilly powder,roasted cumin seed powder and salt.
- Arrange vadas in a serving bowl. Pour the yoghurt mixture evenly so that all the vadas get covered completely.
- Garnish with Dates tamarind chutney,chilly powder,roasted cumin seed powder ,chat masala coriander leaves and sev.