PRAWNS BIRIYANI WITH VEGETABLES
2) Small onion-10
Grind these ingredients to a fine paste
Grind it to a fine paste
6) Carrot, beans, green peas, cauliflower (small pieces)-1cup
7) Coriander leaves (chopped)-2tbsp
11) Lemon juice-1tsp
Lemon juice -1tsp
Salt -to taste
Cashew nuts - a handful
Raisins - a handful
• Heats 2 tbsp butter in a pan and add onions. They become translucent add ground onion paste, tomato ,vegetables and prawns.saute well.
• When the oil starts separating, add yoghurt, salt coriander leaves and 1 cup water. Close the pan and cook on low flame.
• Add coconut paste and lemon juice.
• When the gravy becomes a thick consistency, remove from fire.
• Add 2tbsp butter and fry all spices and add drained rice and fry for 5minutes.Add 4 cups of water, lemon juice and salt, till all the water is absorbed.
• In an oven proof dish, spread half the masala and place half of the rice over it. Spread the remaining masala and top with the rise.
• Cook in a microwave oven for 5minutes.
• Garnish with fried onions, cashewnuts and raisins.
Posted by Ganga Sreekanth