1.Thuvara parippu (red gram)-1/2cup
Pachakaya(raw banana)-1 small
Asafoetida /kayam -1/4tsp
- Cook dal in a pressure cooker along with turmeric powder,salt and 1cup water.
- Add cubed vegetables to the cooked dal.(Add water if needed).Cook it again in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.Add chopped onions and saute till they become golden in color.Add turmeric powder,chilly powder,sambar powder and corriander powder.Saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add cooked vegetables and stir well.
- Add tamarind water and asafoetida powder.
- Adjust salt and cook till the required consistancy is reached.